
Well we have been homeschooling for 3 weeks now. I have been able to do the Audiblox exercises about 6 times. I am trying not to sweat it too much if I do not keep to my schedule perfectly. My main goal is to see Jake happy and his self esteem boosted. Getting to know his specific weaknesses has been interesting. Writing and spelling are just a challenge for him. He definitely gets the anxiety face on or starts avoidance techniques when he is challenged. I truly have to sit and hand hold him through all his work. He will not do things independently. On the computer he is a bit better. I tried to do time flash cards with him and it was a nightmare. I went to the computer and found a website that had a time game and it was the same information but it was interactive and he loved it. It is little trials like these that are teaching me. Here are some of the great sites I have used so far that he has loved: Time ( We used Black Dog) for Spanish for all kinds of subjects I love this site Funschool , Third Grade Social Studies . Another game that works for math facts is Math War a card game. We have changed the rules a bit to be like a duel and he does not think about that he is going over his basic math facts. We continue our occupational therapy and have increased it to 45 minutes. He has been working on his cursive with Miss Jill and this seems to be easier for him. He does not recognise the characters yet but the flow of the letters is easier. In between lessons or when he seems frustrated we play with floam. It is good for his hand strength and it seems to relieve stress.
Enough for now dishes await and boys must go to bed.

No comments:
Post a Comment